Established in 1968, Medshield Medical Aid has vast experience in the health care sector in South Africa. With over 120 000 principal members and a total beneficiary base of 250 000, it is currently the fourth largest medial aid scheme in the country.
A Global Credit Rating of AA- and an impressive solvency ratio of over 40% - which is way above the regulated benchmark - guarantees a financially solid medical aid which has a proven ability to pay all claims quickly and in full.
Who should use this provider?
Enjoy a comprehensive array of products offering a range of benefits which cater for all age and income groups. Whether you’re an active, single person with no financial constraints, a growing family where cost effective medical aid is the primary concern, or an elderly retiree who suffers from a chronic condition, this medical scheme has a product suited to your healthcare needs.
Medshield Medical Aid Special Benefits
- All members have free access to the Aid for Aids programme.
- A Chronic Medication Management Programme authorises payment of high quality, cost effective medicine from the member’s chronic medicine benefit.
- A Disease Management Programme supports the management of chronic diseases including diabetes, coronary heart disease and asthma.
- Members and families have access to free emergency services.
- An Oncology Disease Programme manages a treatment plan for cancer patients.