Established in 1982, Bonitas is the second largest medical aid provider in South Africa. Its beneficiary base of over 650 000 South Africans comprises, amongst others, young employees of blue chip companies including Nestle, BHP Billiton and Eskom.
With a Global Credit Rating of AA- and a solvency ratio of 35.7%, this provider is well-positioned to meet all its member’s needs via a suite of value-for-money healthcare products.
Who should use this provider?
With a product line providing traditional and new generation medical aid solutions, this scheme is an excellent choice for discerning young professionals and growing families. A bouquet of products provides cover for major medical expenses and chronic medicine as well as additional benefits and cover in or out of hospital.
Bonitas Medical Aid Special Benefits
- An average beneficiary age of 30.6 years, coupled with a low pensioner ratio of 4.2%, necessitates lower than average medical claims which, in turn, restricts annual increases of contributions.
- A GP Network of 4500 contracted doctors provides convenient access to premium health care at a fixed cost, eliminating co-payments altogether.
- A range of managed care services including Oncology Management and Hospital & Medicine Management offer support and advice while effectively managing costs, providing the best possible value for money health cover.
- Lasik eye surgery and basic and advanced dentistry & optometry are covered by select products.
- Any unused Aids in the savings account are carried over with interest to the following year.